Wednesday 13 July 2011

Handsfree gaming

I don't know about you, but when I play video games I want to relax, not workout! I can't see this sort of technology going far in the gaming community, since if you wanted to get up and about you'd go play football, not xbox! Nonetheless I think this technology has it's place, mainly in childrens games, rather than in first person shooters, or adventure games.


       http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=2125


I recently bought Kinect for my xbox, and although at first it seemed useless, and often didn't recognise the movements I was doing. However I was actually suprised when I tried out the sports games (Kinect sports or something?), and the football was actually a bit of fun. But I couldn't see me using this very often, it's more of a commodity than a game I'm going to spend fifty hours on. For this reason I can't understand paying the standard £30 - £40 for a game I'm only going to use every now and then. 


I play games as a means of relaxation, and I think it's the same for a lot of other people so although Kinect has been really succesful, I can't see it being applicable to many types of games, and so I think it will die out in a couple years time. Of course I'd be happy to be proven wrong, and if the technology could be improved I would be more than happy to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment